.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: parent info night

5/25/2010

parent info night

Today I learned something important. Earlier I was praying about my parent info meeting tonight for band and asking God "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let some people show up so that I don't look like a fool." I was doing my best not to get too worked up, but still, this is important, and it's not just my job but my calling (birthday gift, if anyone remembers that). Then I thought about what I asked and how I asked it. Who am I to bargain with God? Why was I worrying? So I changed my prayer to this: "God, this is in your hands. I've gone to the schools, I've sent letters home, I've issued announcements, but ultimately you know what I need. I will take whatever you entrust to me and do my best with it, no matter what, because that's what you want me to do."

You know what I found? Trusting in God's plan generally makes it easy to celebrate seemingly small happenings as great victories and look past the immediacy of a tough situation. Only four people showed up to my meeting tonight, but they were some of the nicest people from my school that I've interacted with all year, and they all jumped on the bandwagon (literally). I've still got 10 or so days to recruit before summer, but regardless of what happens I know that He has given me a great opportunity here in central Florida. I've got more specifics now (and I AM having a full year mixed MS elective which is a HUGE burden lifted for me) and I could get more to sign up, but even if I only have about 10 kids to begin with, well, that's 10 more kids than I had this year. I've got to start somewhere, and I am so excited to continue to love on the students I have as well as get to know some new ones. I'm looking forward to ending this year and starting fresh next year, because the possibilities are still endless and God can still do the impossible.

I am doing a great work, and I cannot come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment