.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: weary

12/13/2010

weary

Lord, I'm tired of fighting. It seems like at every turn, there's yet another wall, another obstacle, and I don't see how things are ever going to work out.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." -Galatians 6:9

I barely even made it through today. I don't see how I will be able to get back at it again tomorrow; I am exhausted, Lord. . .

"O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." -Isaiah 33:2

But there's so much to be done! No matter how many things get planned or accomplished, it seems like it all crumbles down the next day.

"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:34.

What's the point of it all then?

"So that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." -Colossians 1:10-12

Can you really use me to do this?

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:13.

I will trust You, Lord. You have done nothing to make me doubt you.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" -Jeremiah 29:11.

1 comment:

  1. I love that there are verses for EVERYTHING that get thrown in our path.
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete