.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: I can't bring myself to title this the way I want to. . .

4/27/2015

I can't bring myself to title this the way I want to. . .

. . . because a) I think it should be a dead issue and b) maybe it is?  A Google search of the phrase brought up articles written in the past few years (and Bing brought up some ancient articles from the late 90's but also auto-filled to add the word "Baptist" as I typed which made me cringe and laugh at the same time), maybe it's not relevant anymore, but if it has meaning to you, then maybe the Ghost-verbalized statement of the preacher talking this evening will help shed some light.

Because what I wanted to put in the title was "Worship Wars."  *cue lightning, thunder, The Price Is Right sound effect*

I've heard the term thrown around, it's a very church-ese thing, but I think it was a bigger deal while I was a kid and wasn't really going on in my particular view of the world.  Anyway, the statement made tonight, whether intentional or not, was fantastically simple and potentially perspective-changing.

He said that worship wars are a personal internal problem.

I doubt he meant Worship Wars (I almost said WORSHIP worship wars, because in English, when we repeat a word it gets a different meaning, right?  "Their baby is so cute!"  "Yeah, it's still a BABY baby." . . . anyway).  Regardless, the real war of worship is something fought within each of us individually; will we worship God, or will we worship something else?

Like. . . I am all about wanting things to be black and white but having to explore to really get a full idea.  But what more attitude do you need to see in this?  What is our priority?  Also, most importantly, it's not about music- it's about our hearts.

I'm sure I have more to say but I am tired.  If you want more from my crazy brain go look at this or this or this or even this.

No comments:

Post a Comment