.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: Peace that passes understanding

1/14/2017

Peace that passes understanding

(No focus in this entry, just want to get back into the habit of writing.)

Sometime between 12:30 and 1 AM this morning, a rock hit my windshield at that one perfect angle where there is now a crack about halfway through the whole thing.

This morning on my way to go set-up sound for church, I got pulled over for doing 60 in a 45.  Yay mindless driving. . .

Which then led me into signing up for an online driving school so that I can keep the points off my license. . . so there's 4 hours of my life spent doing something I'd rather not be doing.

I found out this afternoon that somehow I failed to send an e-mail to one of my team members (but thankfully she was gracious and flexible).

Any one of those things could have easily sent me into an angry place. . . the combination of all of them in a span of a short few hours??

And yet. . . peace.  Zen Ben, if you will.

Strange, and yet maybe not.


I've been swimming in Psalm 119 recently.  I know that I've read it before, and actually I was not expecting to find what I was looking for in there (which is always the best when you go searching in the Bible and get surprised).  But there are some great gems in there:

v. 28- My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to Your word!

v. 49-50- Remember your word to your servant, in which you have made me hope.  This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.

v. 68, 71- You are good and do good; teach me your statutes.  It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes.

v. 140- Your promise is well tried, and your servant loves it.

v. 176- I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek your servant, for I do not forget your commandments.

I know the next few weeks are going to be tough. . . and this may be a calm before the storm. . . but there is also clarity that I haven't had in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment