.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: How is the Bible transforming you?

1/31/2017

How is the Bible transforming you?

This was a question posed last week at Lifegroup, and I had an answer but I didn't have the words for it.  I kind of do now?  I haven't quite collected my thoughts on this completely but I know if I don't set some of it down then none of it will ever come to light.

For me, lately, I have been rediscovering the comfort that is in Scripture.  I posted about it with Psalm 119 a couple weeks ago, but it goes further than that.  My brain is just too tired to form coherent sentences, so I'll leave you with some scripture that has comforted me recently (for now and someday soon I will expand on this thought!!).

Lamentations 3:22-24
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”

Psalm 119:176
I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek your servant, for I do not forget your commandments.

Job 19:25
For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth.

Romans 6:4
We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment