.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: End of the year wrap-up (no links!)

12/31/2018

End of the year wrap-up (no links!)

Once upon a time I used to go back through my blog (because at least starting in college, maybe even in high school, in the days of livejournal and xanga. . . ) and post a "Year in Review" where I would put the first sentence/paragraph of a post from each month that "represented" how that month was viewed in my adolescent mind.

I am absolutely not doing that now.  There's a list of my entries on the right, free for anyone to click through.



But it is the last day of 2018, and lots has happened, both good and bad, but mostly good.  So here's a quick list of things in no particular order (though let's be honest, it's gonna probably be chronologically because that's what my brain does) that characterize the year for me:

- actually making good strides in a marathon for the first time in several years
- putting together my best show with some great and talented friends
- performing solo piano lit for the first time in quite a while
- graduating from Trinity
- performing internationally at ClarinetFest
- seeing my first Broadway shows in NYC
- successfully making my way through marathon training (and looking forward to the race!!)
- being called as an elder/pastor at Grace Life

I usually don't set out resolutions or theme words until after the marathon, since in some ways that belongs to the year prior, and I will probably keep with that tradition, so you can look forward to that in a couple weeks, after everyone else has made their own.  I'm not mad about 2018 overall/I'm not super excited that it's over, but even though the next couple months may be difficult, I'm looking forward to continuing to be living and learning and engaging during 2019.

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment