.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: FCM "psalm"

2/08/2010

FCM "psalm"

I don't know why, but I feel like posting this. Whenever I think about it (I wrote it over a year ago) I pray that the attitude expressed here will be my attitude, no matter what happiness or craziness is going on in my life.



Lord, your greatness surprises me still
And I find you where I least expect to.
Though I falter, and stumble, and ignore you
You are consistent, and You have integrity.

Who can describe
The Greatness and the Majesty of You, Lord?
I would not even begin to try.

The things I can do through You and because of You
I know I cannot do alone.
And in poignant lonliness, I know now
That I have the hand of God on my shoulder
and the Spirit of the Lord in my heart, forever.

I ask for strength, and courage,
A simple tongue and an open heart,
so that I can be
A light for you and of you in this dark world.

I offer my music, my life to be used by you.
Direct me where you want me to be.
It's not about me, Lord, but You.

No comments:

Post a Comment