.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: Are you a Jew? (also Valentine's)

2/10/2013

Are you a Jew? (also Valentine's)

So tired, but tired for good reasons (mostly).  But before my head hits the pillow tonight, I wanted to share one thing that bears repeating.  This morning's sermon (which, btw, you can find here- I imagine the sermon will be posted by Tuesday at the latest) was based around the opening of Romans 9, and our pastor brought up an interesting point.  During the sermon, he discussed the seemingly opposing views of predestined by God versus human freewill, and he offered an analogy that appeals to both sides.  Think of God as the captain of a team, and during recess, He chooses you to be a part of His team.  His offer is open to you. . . but you also have to choose to be on His team.

Think. . . really think. . . that's a pretty good picture.  Anyway, my real point is go listen to the sermon.

Also, for the record, 2012 was a tough year.  I'm glad that I am facing 2013 in a much better fashion.

And I leave you with this- it was a bulletin board at church, and I thought it was well done.  Happy Valentine's Day. . . Week. . . something. . . !!


No comments:

Post a Comment