.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: God's Not Dead

2/24/2015

God's Not Dead

After teaching four-year old students worship songs, I am convinced we are designed to worship. I don’t know if it’s mimicry in them seeing me as I teach and sing the song, but there was one particularly cute kid today that, if all you did was look at his face, you knew he was singing about something greater than himself. I don’t know how to explain it. But when you see something authentic, that’s something special. I tried to record him with my phone but by the time I got it out the song was almost over. Also my phone’s camera is super super not awesome. 


Anyway.

The songs I’ve been teaching my kids since I returned to work have been ministering to me. I got this musical sample packet that has some more contemporary yet common worship songs, and the arrangements are pretty fresh sounding (for elementary kids anyway) so I thought I would use those songs, since they are on the radio and many of the kids recognized them when I played them.

But man. The lyrics. Thank you God.


Let hope arise and make the darkness hide. My faith is week, I need a resurrection.

Let Heaven roar and fire fall. Come, shake the ground with the sound of revival! 


My God’s not dead, He’s surely alive. AND He’s living on the inside!

In this time of desperation, when all we know is doubt and fear, there is only ONE foundation.

Let our faith be more than anthems, greater than the songs we sing.

In the here and now, let love invade.

And the gates of hell will not prevail for the power of God has torn the veil.

We KNOW Your love will never fail. We believe!

Higher than the mountains that I face. Stronger than the power of the grave.

CONSTANT in the trial and the change.

My debt is paid; there’s nothing that can separate my heart from Your great love!

Your love never fails, it never gives up. It never runs out on me!


So much great truth in those words.

Still going to post about DNOW weekend.  Maybe tonight if I'm still an insomniac after rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment