.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: Make It Work!

4/29/2010

Make It Work!

That's pretty much been my motto this whole year (and in fact, that's always been my motto, whether accompanying a bunch of people or doing the High Noon concerts or writing a paper and studying for an exam 6 hours before it's taken). Only three of my HS guys showed up for the showcase tonight, so I jumped in with cymbals (which is always fun). I know more kids have signed up for band from McInnis. Hopefully I can get over to Pierson soon (and even if I can't take my students, I can go and have them try instruments- that's really effective I think, and I hadn't even thought about it until yesterday).

Anywho, I'm real tired, so I'm rambling. I went to school, drove to Daytona for choral MPA (and got lost and barely arrived right as they were going to warm-up. . . I felt bad for Kyle but they sang well and all's well that ends well, right?) and then drove back to Pierson for the curriculum showcase. I made a realization on the car ride back, so hopefully I can put it as succinctly and eloquently as I originally thought it.

So, I'm good at making things work. I am the back-up plan master, and I am definitely a "do-er" rather than a "think-er." What I realized tonight is that that's exactly what I'm supposed to do- I've got to work with what I'm given. That includes recruitment, of course, but if I do everything at my best, God will provide exactly what I need in His timing. Whether I have 60 kids, 30 kids, or 10 kids sign up for band, I will take those kids and love them and work them hard and have laughs with them and teach them. But I've got to stick with it, and I've got to always make it work. The hard work and stress will pay off- I just have to avoid the fatalistic attitude of "this is impossible." For me alone? Yes. But I serve a loving and all-powerful God!

My hope is in the Lord, Maker of Heaven and Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment