.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: THIS is why I have a blog!

4/14/2010

THIS is why I have a blog!

I'm silly sometimes.

Anyway.

Quick awesome story for you to read.

I'm stepping in for Ginny for the next few weeks for children's choir, and tonight was my first time leading them. We're singing "Sing to the King," and I was asking them about why we sing, to Whom we are singing, what the lyrics mean, etc. and it turned into a pretty interesting theological discussion (I think the lyric "Satan is vanquished" is what started it all). . . young children are SO amazing in their inquisitiveness! (I worked with Pre-K kids back home when I was in high school. . . lots of fun, lots of questions) I did my best to answer what questions I could and in terms they could understand (and if I didn't know, I just told them that), and I don't know, it was pretty neat. They were asking about why God created Hell, and how Jesus was both man and God, and about who goes to Heaven and who to "down there" (they're about 3-5th grade I think, and "Hell" is a bad word. . . but I explained that when it's referred to as a place and not out of context, it's not a "bad word". . . hopefully that wasn't a mistake haha) and just. . . MAN. GOD rather. So awesome to be His vessel. I hope that the Lord reached out to some of them; at the very least I think He has given them something to think about. But it was SO COOL to be in a room full of children asking about the nature of God and trying to work out God's plan for them and the world. The pleasure of being involved in God's work. . . so so awesome!!!



Having said all that, we gotta sing more next week :) but I hope they keep asking questions of their SS teachers, their school teachers if they go to the SBC school, and their parents. What an awesome place to be so thirsty for information about the Creator of the universe!


Moral of the story: we have a lot to learn from children. After all, "unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 18:3).

No comments:

Post a Comment