.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: God provides

2/16/2011

God provides

Just a quick story, mostly for myself, because I need constant reminders that there is no reason to worry or not trust God.

I went out to my car Tuesday after school to find that it wouldn't start. Battery seemed to be fine (radio was working, as were interior lights and headlights) and there was no sound at all. When it's happened before there's at least been a click. But nothing. I know it wasn't of me, but I was pretty calm about the whole situation. A teacher friend drove me to DeLand, a church friend with car knowledge took me back up to see if he could possibly get the car working (unfortunately to no avail), then I went to rehearsal, and NOT in a bad mood (amazingly enough- again, definitely not my power).

However, the thoughts started coming: I'm a busy person. I'm slightly dependent on a car. I would rather not have to inconvenience someone(s) to keep schlepping me from place to place. I could really use a car.

And God provided it.

Another teacher friend left this evening to fly up to Ohio to visit her brother and is letting me borrow her car until mine gets fixed/she gets back.

Perfect.

His plan is always perfect.

"Why do you doubt, ye of little faith?" Seriously.



In an unrelated note, this passage stuck out to me the other night (might have even been last night) and I think there's a lot of good stuff in there.
Romans 12:9-13 - "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality."

I'm starting a new habit in my life. . . that's all I'll say for now. I may or may not say what it is in a future entry, but let's just say it is definitely related to those verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment