.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: Someday. . .

2/22/2011

Someday. . .

Someday, I will wrap up the TWO (count them, TWO) unfinished book projects in this blog, and maybe even finish some of the incomplete drafts of entries from long ago.

Someday, I will get a pet (probably a cat).

Someday, I will enter a Master's program, and maybe even a doctoral program. Who knows. . .

Someday, I will learn how to play guitar.

Someday, I will take the risk to implement changes that I know will not only improve my life, but those around me, no matter the cost.

Someday. . . someday. . . do you ever get tired of "someday"? I know I do. In fact, it becomes a major frustration in my life. The problem is that "someday" usually means "never", and that can be a hard thing to admit. Truthfully, we want to accomplish things. We want to make improvements in our lives and better ourselves. And we know that there are ways to do so. But when it comes down to it, it's easier to be lazy, to be complacent, to shy away at the first sign of challenge, to stay on the ground when we fall, etc. "Someday" allows us to hold onto the hope of change while never actually making us get around to doing anything about it. But to come up with an idea and follow through with it? That requires time. It requires patience. It requires that the inside changes, not the outside. Sometimes our someday's ride on the idea that external circumstances have to occur before we can even begin to achieve the someday, but I think the more important aspect is the internal attitude and perspective. And there's so much to get in the way of that- there's tons of things going on in life, and it's so easy to get caught up and off-guard.

I'm sick of seeing my own someday's continue to fall to the side. I'm tired of suppressing my convictions out of fear. I'm over getting worked up over something's and then letting them slowly deflate.


I want to start making my someday's into today's.




You know what's nice, though (in a semi-related note)? God's "someday" will come through.


One last statement, and I think it is very smart: "Never let the sense of failure corrupt your new action."

No comments:

Post a Comment