.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: Saturday morning thoughts

2/05/2011

Saturday morning thoughts

I've been struggling a bit in the past few weeks with a diversity of issues in the different sectors of my life, but finally today I realized what the true issue is.

I have been utterly and completely self-focused.

It is amazing how quickly worry about one thing starts to seep into everything else, and then all of the sudden, your entire life is poisoned by feeling that nothing will ever turn out and what's the point of it all anyway. I wasn't nearly that low by any means, but really, when I think about it, the only reason I have ever gotten there is because I think that I have to do it all. I have to get things done. I have to fill my needs. I have to make sure nothing goes wrong. I this, I that. . . I. . . I. . . what was I thinking??

It took two really simple realizations to get me to this point. First, God created the universe and everything in it. That doesn't even begin to be comprehensible. . . I mean, He knows and controls EVERYTHING. Everything from the movement of the planets to the growth of living things, if there is anyone who is an authority on what's going to happen next, it's God. Second, God created me. Me! He specifically gave me the attributes I have, both the good and the bad, and has engineered the circumstances for my life. Once again. . . who better to listen to and get to know than the Person who knows exactly what I need? I don't know what I need, because if I were the authority on my life, I would have been in TFA for the past year and a half. At the very least I definitely wouldn't have been in Florida. And yet look how perfectly things were set-up for me.

James 4:8a- "Come near to God and he will come near to you."


I love getting back-up from God. This is the "Scripture of the Day" I received in my e-mail this morning:

Job 33:4- "The Spirit of God had made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life."



Jesus is Lord. He's in control; He made the universe! He knows me; He made me! What do I have to worry about?

Now. . . to make this attitude stick. . .

1 comment: