.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: Some random thoughts

4/14/2020

Some random thoughts

Work affords me a lot of introspection to a point. . .but nothing made to completion.  So here are some random unfinished thoughts about work.

- Amazon is going well.  I'm thankful for something to do, but I also know that it's keeping me from facing all of reality; I'm still floating a bit.  I'd rather not be but also I know it's an emotional defense mechanism.

- I feel like part of why I'm doing well enough at this job is because I'm a musician and I understand intrinsically how practicing works.  You do things repeatedly at a slow speed and gradually increase the tempo. . . and after you're at a solid place you go back and do it slow again to reinforce the goodness. . .

- My immediate arrow prayer life is greatly enhanced.  Silly things like thanking God that I grabbed enough dunnage or recognizing the provision of boxes when I wasn't looking for it.  My long term prayer life goes in and out.  The time I notice the most is in the days off when the rest of the world sleeps, it happens around 12/1 AM.  I've realized that I just do what I have to or try and just pass the time with distractions instead of using at least some of the quiet time to really reflect and connect.  But I am praying so much at work that it's not like it's not happening at all?  I dunno.

- Honestly I wonder if the speed of the shifts and my positive attitude towards is all is really just the peace that passes all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment