.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: We're going to miss our show

4/22/2020

We're going to miss our show

So I still haven't completed my timeline, but I do know that I am currently at the end of four full weeks/in the middle of the fifth week at Amazon (I started March 26 but my work week starts on Thursday so I don't know which way I prefer to think of it).  And that is insane.  As always in these things, it feels both not long enough and also like what other life did I ever live before this?

Let's go on a journey, a journey throughout time- a time that's changing all the time, it's time to go to time.

It's not a bad job.  I said that I could do it as long as I need and I still stand by that, but at the moment I'm imaging that July is when I will start to get back to "real life."  What makes this whole situation we are all in so difficult to deal with is that there is no definite end date yet.  And even more so, that "definite" end date is not "hey everything is back to how it was!"  It's simply not going to go back to that.  Even as we open things back up, there will be ripples and echoes of what we are doing now.

At the first in person church, will we be wearing masks?

Will we be performing recitals capped not by the seats in the hall but by how we can social distance in the space?

How can those who are untested and without symptoms move about confidently without fear of accidentally spreading the virus should they be contagious but asymptomatic, and how will that change the social approach of life?  Do we get white C's for those who are officially out of the disease and those who haven't been tested red U's?

The last is a little extreme.  But just some interesting thoughts.



Unrelated, but something I never noticed before:

Titus 2:11-14
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.

We get the benefit, but God gets the glory, and that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment