.posthidden {display:none} .postshown {display:inline} By His Own Hand. . .: Day 6: I Will Let You Choose- UNFINISHED

2/27/2010

Day 6: I Will Let You Choose- UNFINISHED

EDIT (3/2/10): So. . . wow. I'm a little behind, but I'm going to let my OCD go. Plus, yesterday was crazy. At school, I felt it was going to be a I-can't-do-anything-right kind of day. Teaching itself actually wasn't bad at all, but around 4th period (10 AM or so) I started developing a headache that didn't get better. HS band is still kind of a blur in my mind, as is what I did after that and the FCAT training we had after school. I got home around 4:15, and by 5 o'clock my headache had worsened. I decided to sleep it off, thinking I'd only be out maybe an hour or two.

When I woke up at 10:15, I was a little confused (but not as disoriented as I would have expected; it only took me a couple minutes to get my bearings/remember that I had gone to bed at 5). I ate some banana bread, grabbed a bottle of water, turned on the radio, and ended up going back to sleep probably around 11:30, and then woke up at 5:30 (which is actually kind of amazing, because I have been getting up later and later since December. This is the earliest I've gotten to school in a long time).

Needless to say, I apparently needed sleep. I still have a little headache though. . . it might be sinus/allergy related. I heard yesterday was a really bad day for allergies. I might take an antihistamine when I get home and do that for a couple weeks to see if it helps. Anyway, I'm going to get to this entry and Day 7 hopefully when I get home, but for now I'll post this so that you don't think I've disappeared.

(so, from here on is from Saturday/Sunday) (oh, and the dishes STILL aren't done as of right now; you'll understand in a bit)

I have been on my feet all day. Got up at 9 (which is always amazing- that's sleeping in for a teacher), cleaned the kitchen, went to the store, bought supplies, and started baking before 1. Finally, at 7, my last batches of bread are baking in the oven (grand total of everything=ridiculous. A batch of challah, 4 loaves of banana bread (2 w/nuts, 2 w/o), 4 batches of biscotti (2 orange cinnamon chocolate chip, 2 dried fruit and pistachio), a batch of cookies (but the recipe makes like. . . 5 dozen. It's ridiculous), and a pan of brownies.

Although I'm tired, I don't think I could have spend the better part of this Saturday in any better way :) Plus, it was rainy/dreary all day.

Now I just have to get to those dishes in the sink. . . I'll do this first.

EDIT: I was too tired last night. Dishes are still sitting and waiting to be done, and I didn't end up doing the entry. This is my plan; catch up and do a new entry today, and then I'm going to spend the next week with the study guide, so there won't be any "new" Lucado entries for about a week. Keep your eyes on when the "UNFINISHED" goes away; there will be additions to each post.

With that, off we go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"God's Promise Through the Two Crosses" . . . this is all about the free choice that God has given us. The story about Edwin Thomas and John Wilkes Booth was very interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip biscotti? May I have the recipe for that please? I love baking but I haven't done any recently. I wasn't able to make rolled out sugar cookies like I wanted because since I'm now the proud caretaker of three (THREE) cats that love to climb on tables the logistics of making them won't work until I figure something out. However this biscotti sounds like a nice alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be glad to pass along the recipe! I can just e-mail the file to you; where would you like it sent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for responding so late! You can send it to my email gruekri@yahoo.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete